Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DIY: Spiked Flats


I have noticed flats have been upping their game by adding spikes, jewels and even cat faces (side note I love cats).  With all these additions I have also noticed the prices increasing. You can now pay anywhere from $60 to even more than $100 just for a pair of flats...WHAT?!!!! Ironically flats are the most painful shoe I wear but I will always endure the pain as long as the shoes are fabulous but I wont pay those prices...sorry...not sorry. So this is how I stay on trend but keep money hidden in my mattress...wait I mean in the bank. Complete directions below. If you try this please hashtag me on Instagram @lazyblueorchids. I hope you enjoy.

What I Used
1. Pair of flats (Shoe Boutique $14.99)
2. Some spikes or any kind of decoration you prefer (Bead World in NYC $6.00)
3. E-6000 Glue (Michaels had 50% off coupon. I think I paid $3.00)
Tip: Don't worry about the amount of glue. After glue is completely dry it becomes less visually apparent.
 Directions
Step 1: Make sure shoes are clean of any hair or debris.
Step 2: Create a template for your design on a flat surface.
Step 3: Pour some glue on a piece of cardboard.
Step 4: Use a small paint brush to apply the glue directly to the shoe (Do small sections)
Step 5: Start adding spikes to the glue. I started with the center of my design and worked my way outward.(You can get spikes without holes in them. Mine has holes because I also make jewelry with them).
Step 6: Hold and press spikes into glue while blowing on glue. Do this for about 10 seconds so spikes set in glue.
Step 7: Add additional glue to any area that needs it.
Step 8: Allow to dry over night then enjoy your fabulous flats.
Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment